School Dismissal Manager
Dear Glenville Parent/Guardian,
Welcome to School Dismissal Manager (SDM), an organized and more efficient tracking system for afternoon dismissals! Using your desktop or smartphone browser, quickly and easily update your child's dismissal instructions when they need to be changed, making it no longer necessary to call or send notes and emails to the school for dismissal changes.
The easy-to-use interface will allow you to make changes in advance or for the current day by creating “exceptions”. You can report absences, early dismissals, and schedule recurring dismissal instructions for after-school activities. When creating an exception for the current day, note that the cut-off time on regular days is 2:00 pm and on early release days is 12:00 pm. If you miss the cut-off time, we ask that you only call the office for a true emergency.
Glenville School will begin using SDM to report daily dismissal changes on September 1st, 2021.
Here are a few Fast Facts that you will need to know for getting started:
1. Add the SDM App to a smartphone, tablet, or web browser via the link at the start of this sentence. (The Apps are NO LONGER AVAILABLE IN THE APP STORES). The app is compatible with Android and Apple devices. IMPORTANT: Returning parents need to UNINSTALL last year’s App before installing the new App.
a. Android – Open a Chrome browser window, go to www.schooldismissalmanager.com, and login. Then click the three stacked dots at the top right corner, scroll down and click on Add to Home Screen, and follow the onscreen instructions to install the app.
b. iPhone – Open a Safari browser, go to www.schooldismissalmanager.com, and login. Then click on the box with the arrow pointing up, scroll down, and click Add to Home Screen. Type in (or click on if auto-filled) SDM and then tap Add to install the app.
2. First Login
a. Set your child's default dismissal (how your child goes home most days). Select the green Set/View Default button above the calendar or if using the SDM app, select Default Dismissal from the menu at the top left, to set the correct dismissal. Setting a weekday default will override the main default on a specific day of the week. Always set the main default first, then set weekday defaults only as necessary.
b. Setting a weekday default will override the main default on a specific day of the week.
3. Reporting Your Child will be Absent: We will be utilizing SDM’s Absent option for parents to report their child absent. Select the day on the calendar that your child will be absent, then select Add Exception, and choose Absent from the dropdown options, filling out the necessary information. SDM does not determine if absences are excused or unexcused and you must still provide the school office with a doctor’s note when required and as specified in our school’s policies.
4. Reporting Your Child will Leave Early: We will be utilizing SDM’s Leaving Early option so that parents can let the school know when their child is being picked up early. Select the day on the calendar that your child will be picked-up early, then select Add Exception, and choose Leaving Early, NOT Coming Back. You will immediately be asked if your child is coming back to school. Select Yes or No and then fill out the remaining information. Depending on whether you answered yes or no, SDM will create the appropriate dismissal exception or notification to the office once you click Submit. You must still come to the front door to notify the office of your arrival to pick up your student(s).
5. Reporting a Late Arrival: We will be utilizing SDM’s Late Arrival feature so that parents can let the school know when their child will be arriving late to school. Select the day on the calendar that your child will be arriving late, then select Add Late Arrival, fill out the reason, and click Submit. SDM does not determine if students are tardy and your student(s) must still come into the office upon their arrival.
6. The Parent Dashboard always displays the current and following week. Days where there is no school or there is an early dismissal will be clearly marked. To opt in for text messages, click Preferences in the top menu to add your mobile number.
7. Recurring Dismissal Exceptions: If your child has a temporary, recurring dismissal exception click the Recurring Dismissal Instructions located at the top of the screen and fill out the details as required. DO NOT use the Recurring Dismissal feature to put in your child's ''default'' dismissal. The difference between a Recurring Dismissal Exception and a Weekday Default Dismissal is that recurring has a start and end date because it is a temporary dismissal which occurs regularly on a specific day of the week for the entire school year.
8. Email Notifications: When receiving email notifications regarding dismissal changes or cancellations made, know that hitting Reply or Reply All on those emails does not reply to the school or person making the change. If you need to respond to a notification (i.e., to inform the school it is incorrect, provide additional details, etc.), please email or call the school office.
9. FAQs: As you begin to use School Dismissal Manager, if you have questions, check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) link found in the Parent login area at the top of the SDM homepage or click on Help in your top menu. Here, you will find answers to the most commonly asked questions. If your question remains unanswered after checking here, please contact the school office and we will be happy to assist you further.
If you find you need further assistance, contact the school office at 203-531-9287. For reasons of safety and security, SDM staff does not respond to parent requests or emails and will redirect any parent callers to the school office.
Thank you for using this tool to help us keep the dismissal process safe and orderly for all our students and staff. Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns.