School Dismissal Manager
Welcome to School Dismissal Manager (SDM), an organized and more efficient tracking system for afternoon dismissals! Using your desktop or smartphone browser, quickly and easily update your child's dismissal instructions when they need to be changed, making it no longer necessary to call or send notes and emails to the school for dismissal changes.
The easy-to-use interface will allow you to make changes in advance or for the current day by creating “exceptions”. You can report absences, early dismissals, and schedule recurring dismissal instructions for after-school activities. When creating an exception for the current day, note that the cut-off time on regular days is 2:00 pm, and on early release days is 12:00 pm. After the cut-off time, you will need to call the school office to make any changes for the current day.
Glenville School will begin using SDM to report daily dismissal changes on September 1, 2023
Here are a few Fast Facts that you will need to know for getting started:
1. The app is compatible with Android and Apple devices and native apps can be found in the respective app stores or via our website. IMPORTANT: Returning parents need to ensure their app has the latest UPDATED version before the first day of school. If your phone is set to update automatically no action is required but those that don’t will need to update manually.
a. Android – Search in the Play Store for School Dismissal Manager and Install -OR- open a Chrome browser window, go to www.schooldismissalmanager.com, and login. Then click the three stacked dots at the top right corner, scroll down and click on Add to Home Screen, and follow the onscreen instructions to install the app.
b. iPhone – Search in the App Store for School Dismissal Manager and Install -OR- open a Safari browser, go to www.schooldismissalmanager.com, and login. Then click on the box with the arrow pointing up, scroll down, and click Add to Home Screen. Type in (or click on if auto-filled) SDM and then tap Add to install the app.
a. Check your child's default dismissal (how your child goes home most days) and make sure it is set correctly. If changes are needed, select the green Set/View Default button above the calendar or if using the SDM app, select Default Dismissal from the menu at the top left, to set the correct dismissal. Setting a weekday default will override the main default on a specific day of the week. Always set the main default first, then set weekday defaults only as necessary.
3. Reporting Your Child will be Absent: We will be utilizing SDM’s Absent option for parents to report their child absent. Select the day on the calendar that your child will be absent, then select Add Exception, and choose Absent from the dropdown options, filling out the necessary information. SDM does not determine if absences are excused or unexcused and you must still provide the school office with a doctor’s note when required and as specified in our school’s policies.
4. Reporting Your Child will Leave Early: We will be utilizing SDM’s Leaving Early option so that parents can let the school know when their child is being picked up early. Select the day on the calendar that your child will be picked-up early, then select Add Exception, and choose Leaving Early. You will immediately be asked if your child is coming back to school. Select Yes or No and then fill out the remaining information. Depending on whether you answered yes or no, SDM will create the appropriate dismissal exception or notification to the office once you click Submit. You must still come into the office to sign your child out and adhere to any rules or guidelines specified in our school’s policies.
5. Reporting a Late Arrival: We will be utilizing SDM’s Late Arrival feature so that parents can let the school know when their child will be arriving late to school. Select the day on the calendar that your child will be arriving late, then select Add Late Arrival, fill out the reason, and click Submit. SDM does not determine if students are tardy and you must still come into the office to sign your child in and adhere to any rules or guidelines specified in our school’s policies.
6. The Parent Dashboard always displays the current and following week. Days where there is no school or there is an early dismissal will be clearly marked. To opt in for text messages, click Preferences in the top menu to add your mobile number.
7. Recurring Dismissal Exceptions: If your child has a temporary, recurring dismissal exception click the Recurring Dismissal Instructions located at the top of the screen and fill out the details as required. DO NOT use the Recurring Dismissal feature to put in your child's ''default'' dismissal. The difference between a Recurring Dismissal Exception and a Weekday Default Dismissal is that recurring has a start and end date because it is a temporary dismissal which occurs regularly on a specific day of the week for the entire school year.
8. Carpools: If your child is part of a carpool or going home with a friend, you will need to set up a carline pick-up. Once the correct dismissal option is selected, you will be asked a series of questions. In the “PARENT OF” field, search for the parent driver by their student’s first or last name and select the parent who will be picking up. You may use the individual calendar days or Recurring Dismissal Instruction feature to assign your child(ren) to the parent driver that is picking up on certain days.
9. Email Notifications: When receiving email notifications regarding dismissal changes or cancellations made, know that hitting Reply or Reply All on those emails does not reply to the school or person making the change. If you need to respond to a notification (i.e., to inform the school it is incorrect, provide additional details, etc.), click Help in your top menu and fill out the details to email the office.
10. FAQs: As you begin to use School Dismissal Manager, if you have questions, check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) link found in the Parent login area at the top of the SDM homepage or click on Help in your top menu. Here, you will find answers to the most commonly asked questions. If your question remains unanswered after checking here, please contact the school office and we will be happy to assist you further.
If you find you need further assistance, contact Carole Rende at 203-531-9287. For reasons of safety and security, SDM staff does not respond to parent requests or emails and will redirect any parent callers to the school office.
Thank you for using this tool to help us keep the dismissal process safe and orderly for all our students and staff. Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns.